Monday, July 11, 2011

German-Style Kielbasa Skillet

I get my recipes from several different sources, but some of my keepers have come from the students themselves.  I was approached one day last semester from a sorority girl that handed me this recipe and told me that she thought it sounded good - I agreed.  I served it the next week and received many compliments and now it's a favorite not only at the sorority but at home too.  I made just a couple changes - adding chopped green pepper and fresh parsley and slicing the potatoes instead of using cubed.  I had yukon gold potatoes in my bin so I used them and they added a beautiful golden color.  The mustard and vinegar sauce that is poured over the potatoes at the last minute adds that nice tang reminiscent of many German dishes.



German-Style Kielbasa Skillet

1 lb. potatoes, cooked, cooled and sliced
3//4 lb. sliced kielbasa
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 green pepper, chopped
2-3 T. oil
2 T. brown sugar
2 T. cider vinegar
1 T. dijon mustard
salt & pepper
fresh parsley

Heat oil in large skillet and add onions and green peppers.  Cook until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.  Add potatoes and cook until brown, at least 5 minutes, then turn and cook another 5 minutes.  Add kielbasa and cook until heated through.  Combine brown sugar, vinegar and mustard and pour over all.  Stir well, season and garnish with fresh parsley.  Serves 4

1 comment:

  1. Love how this photo looks so warm and well contrasted with the black skillet. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete