Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Strawberry-Rhubarb Sorbet


I expanded my rhubarb patch this spring and with all the summer rains I'm still picking tender pink stalks.  I've got an endless supply of new recipes I want to try using the rhubarb, but the first one I had to make is this sorbet.   A recipe adapted from David Lebovitz's "The Perfect Scoop", this is a super easy recipe that I put together in minutes this afternoon and was churned, frozen and ready to eat for dessert tonight.


Strawberry-Rhubarb Sorbet

12 oz. rhubarb
2/3 c. water
3/4 c. sugar
10 oz. strawberries
1 t. lemon juice

Cook rhubarb, water and sugar for 5 minutes or until tender.  Cool to room temp.  Puree rhubarb, strawberries and lemon juice in food processor.  Chill in fridge for at least one hour.  Process in ice cream maker according to directions.  Makes 1 quart.

2 comments:

  1. UMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm can you make this for me when you get up here??? This looks amazing momma! I'm posting this on my facebook page. You rock. Did Dadda like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, awesome treat for the hot summer months. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your sorbet up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/07/sweets-for-saturday-25.html

    ReplyDelete