Saturday, April 16, 2011

Asian Lettuce Wraps

Spring is here and along with my sorority girls, we're all wanting to eat lighter and healthier.  I make alot of different type of wraps and for some time have wanted to make lettuce wraps.  Since one of our favorite salads here is the Asian Salad, I decided to turn that into a wrap.  The combinations of vegetables, meats and toppings are endless and you can use a variety of dressings or vinaigrettes.  I used bibb lettuce as my little wrap or salad cup and filled it with julienne carrot, cucumber and roasted red pepper strips.  Strips of smoked turkey was tossed in as well along with a light drizzle of Sesame-Ginger Dressing.  The only change I would make to these would be to add a sprinkling of crisp won ton strips on top.  Since their small size made it difficult to actually roll these into wraps, I left them as little cups which were easily folded over and eaten.


Asian Lettuce Wraps or Bowls

Large bibb lettuce leaves
Julienne of carrots, cucumbers and peppers
Sliced smoked turkey

Sesame-Ginger Dressing

2 c. oil
1/2 c. rice wine vinegar
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. honey
1 T. sesame oil
1 t. crushed red pepper flakes
1 T. minced garlic & fresh ginger
salt and pepper to taste

Process all in food processor or blender until well blended.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! This looks delicious! I am Housing board president and am always looking for ways our cook can do more of a variety for our girls- so glad I found this!
    Do you have any sort of checklist you use to keep your kitchen tidy, clean, meals balanced? I'm having trouble with finding one to give to our cook that will ensure it is clean, sanitary, and that the meals are well balanced etc.
    Any help would be great!!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete