Tuesday, December 27, 2011

DIY Cloche

I've found several blogs lately doing postings on DIY cloches.  I've always wanted a cloche to display freshly baked muffins, cupcakes and cookies.  I recently found a beautiful hand blown glasss cloche that was $565.00!!  A little out of my price range.  Crate and Barrel have some nice ones too, but I'm a cheapskate and after seeing the DIY ones I decided to give it a try.

The little cheese trays with lids are always popping up at thrift stores and it didn't take me long to find one at a good price - $1.50.  Just needed a candlestick to prop it up on.  I didn't find a candlestick but I found this metal base thingey that was the perfect size for my top and the perfect price - $2.25. 



To rest the base on the wood tray I used hubby's drill press to drill three holes in the metal on the bottom and screwed in the base to the top.  I used some ivory spray paint on the base, top and knob and after it was dry, I distressed the edges with sandpaper. 


This little cloche is the perfect size for baked goods.   My favorite chocolate chip cookies - Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip won't last long here.

No comments:

Post a Comment