Saturday, December 3, 2011

Side Table

I found this small side table at a local antique shop for only $10.00.  I wasn't sure where or what I was going to do with this but I knew a coat of paint would do it wonders. 


I sanded it lightly, primed then gave it a couple coats of a dove gray paint.  It looked really good but the small carvings on the front needed some contrast to stand out.  I had never glazed before, but decided to give it a try.  I mixed in a couple teaspoons of brown paint with a 1/2 cup of glaze and brushed on a light coat over the entire piece.  I then wiped most of it off with the exception of the carvings and some edges.  I wanted a very subtle look to the glazing and that's what I got.







This gray color would look great on anything and it seems to go with everything I have.  I plan on using it for several more pieces.


1 comment:

  1. Mom this turned out really beautiful. I love the pop that the handle has against the dove gray. You've got an eye for hidden treasures, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete