Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ollie Bars

I've been making these granola bars ever since my son needed some high protein energy bars to help him gain weight.  This is the most versatile snack that I make.  They make a great grab & go breakfast food, midday energy pick up or late night snack.  I've never had much luck mailing cookies out of state and having them arrive in decent shape, but these bars survive long distance mailing and keep for days- if they last that long.

I put out a couple dozen of these one day at the sorority and within minutes they were scooped up.  So, so much better than any packaged bars.

They recently have been renamed "Ollie Bars" after my sister's dog found the mailman's delivery before they did.  Just ask Ollie, he'll attest to their deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment