Wednesday, March 30, 2011

No Rise - No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls

As I've mentioned before, every Friday I do a TGIF Brunch for my sorority girls.  This Friday I was all set to bake cinnamon rolls.  Since I have little time in the morning to go through the whole process, I make the dough the night before, let rise and roll out, then proof overnight in the fridge.  Well Thursday got away from me and I had no time to get them started.  I had my heart set on serving cinnamon rolls so I went searching for a reasonable substitute.  The blog site Don't Forget Delicious had a roll recipe that called for blending ricotta or cottage cheese with buttermilk in a processor, then adding dry ingredients to make a soft dough.  The dough is rolled out, spread with a glaze just like any cinnamon roll recipe and cut and baked the same.  I was very skeptical because of the unusual ingredients and how the ingredients came together.  Boy am I glad I tried this recipe.  They came together so fast and baked up beautifully.  I spread a thin cream cheese icing on top while still warm and you could not tell that these were not yeast rolls.  I've found my go to recipe for cinnamon rolls.

3 comments:

  1. Firs please let me give you mad props for getting this done. Most people would have blamed someone else and scratched the idea all together. You are an awesome force of nature and you are very inspirational. The girls are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, those girls are so lucky to have you feed them! :) These look amazing, I can't believe you didn't have to use yeast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could I get the recipe for these cinnamon rolls?
    Here is my email address: scoppinger@mac.com

    Thank you,
    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete