Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pesto Penne with Sun Dried Tomatoes

I've got a couple vegetarians in the sorority that I cook for and I'm always looking for something new for them.  The inspiration for this dish came from a menu of a restaurant in Cedar Falls, Iowa called Montage.  Now I admit I've never eaten there but this sounded so good that I thought maybe I should do some experimenting and see what I could come up with.  I made my traditional pesto with basil and spinach, but did not include nuts of any kind.  I sauted red onions, yellow bell peppers, sun dried tomatoes and oil and tossed it along with the pesto and pasta.  A sprinkling of parmesan was all it needed - so fast, easy and satisfying - this will be on my regular menu rotation for sure!

1 comment:

  1. I would have loved a picture of this dish. It is awesome that you did a pesto without nuts. I am sure these girls love you. Keep doing your thing!

    ReplyDelete