Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Book/Magazine Rack

I've been cleaning out my dad's barn and along with the usual junk have found some neat old bottles, ironwork and such.  I set aside this wooden ladder-like object for the last few years thinking it could be used as artwork.  But once I brought it home and studied it, I decided it would make a great magazine and book holder.  After a good scrubbing I removed every fourth slat and with leftover wood nailed bottoms into the four holder sections.  I wanted a rustic look so applying a clear coat of poly was all that it needed.



Makes great storage and handy access to my current reading material.  If anyone knows what this originally was meant for let me know.  Slats are on both sides and they are too narrow for a ladder.  I'm stumped as to it's original purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment