Thursday, June 19, 2014

Rustic Table

When I brought this table home, John took one look asked me if I was planning on burning it.  Nope, there was beauty in there somewhere and I was determined to bring it out.

I found this poor thing in my dad's shed.  It was buried in mud and it lost one leg as I pried it out of the ground.  The other three were no better and they had to go.  The unusual middle drawer spans the width of the table but it needed some cleaning since a family of mice had a pretty big nest in it.



I sanded down the top and stained with three different shades to get the gray/brown look I wanted.  A cool metal handle from the Old House Society replaced the button knob on the drawer.  I painted the apron and legs (I found those in garbage - that's another story) white and it was good to go.

This table went back over to Mom and Dad's place and now graces their remodeled kitchen along with some vintage chrome chairs.  I think it looks real happy to be back.




No comments:

Post a Comment